Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I´m here. He´s queer. We´ve already sunk a beer...

First beer in Quito...

After about 23 hours of travel, many tears (Duncan´s, not mine - I´m clearly made of stone) and a couple of TERRIBLE films on the flight we arrived in Quito. Red lipstick probably not the best choice - street kids surrounded our cab, banging at the windows asking for my name. Although I kind of liked it. Never get that sort of attention in London, do I?

Secret Garden hostel is amazing. Clean, cheap and super friendly. Already got my eye on a guy who lives here. He´s called Thomas. He´s four. He speaks fluent Spanish and not a lot of English, but it didn´t seem to matter. We hit it off straight away and spent some time drawing cats and dogs - luckily they make the same noise in Ecuador as they do in the UK. I think it´s love...

Thomas

Me and Thomas

Sharing a room with nine people was a bit odd. Heard a few squeaks from Duncan but his snore spray seemed to keep him quiet for most of the night. Unlike the German bloke who rocked up with a girl he´d met in a club at 5am. Yeah, glad they were on the top of my bunk...

Feeling a bit sick from the altitude. Weezy. Tight chest. Sore throat. But am told this will soon pass, so it´s all good. Got a hot date with Thomas tonight at the Ecuador themed night on the hostel terrace which over looks the whole of Quito. It´s really something. But for now I think we´re going to take it easy and have a wander around town to see what´s about, trying to avoid the tramps. One of which whilst writing this entry, entered the cafe and smacked me on the back with his begging pot. Note (again) to self: lose the lipstick.