Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lose the ´tude...

Us in ponchos

Poncho

So much for leaving the internet cafe and seeing some of the town yesterday. I was too sick. Seems like the altitude change REALLY didn´t agree Sam, whilst Duncan (typically) was fine. It was weird. I didn´t really feel ill, I just felt strange and totally not myself and the thought of having to go anywhere made me want to cry. So I hung out on the roof terrace in the scorching sun with a beer and the hostel boys, watching the Champions League (is that what it´s called? Eddy - how did I do?)

Ecuador night was amazing. Food amazing. Music amazing (think the pan pipe people in Bournemouth Square...just more amazing.) Sam, not so amazing. I went to a really bad place and ended up in bed at 9pm, in floods of tears. I sobbed for ages and even had to get Nanny out for the night. Not sure I´m going to be able to hack this. Not homesick at all, just terribly shy and unconfident with new people. I´m fine when I get to know people - but time´s not on your side in this environment. You have to get straight in and chat from the off. Duncan, full of beans had no problem. Everyone loves him and off he went clubbing into the small hours. Me, totally paranoid that everyone hates me, ended up mute - with a soggy pillow...

Altitude sick

Woken up today feeling (physically) a lot better. Think I´ve finally lost my altitude problem (see what I did there?)