Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Christmas bells are ringing...

Merry Christmas!

I love Christmas. I remember distinctly being, like, five or something and watching the BBC news on Christmas Eve at about 6pm after tea. They had this shot of a pair of Santa boots crunching along in the snow and the newsreader was all like "he's on his way kids!" It was too much for me. I had a fit - tears and everything. I was so excited. My big brother Dave had to carry me to bed.

And every year after that it's been pretty special. The year I got my first Carebear (Cheer Bear) in my stocking. The time I found the carrot I'd left out for the reindeers in the flower bed half eaten. Having to wait for all family members to be present to open our gifts - and being annoyed as both brothers were never in the room at the same time. Crystal Barbie. Crystal Ken. Christmas Eve, eating curry dip and onion rings with Paula. Christmas night, drinking vodka and erm, more vodka with Nat and Steve. It's all been so good.

But not this year. It doesn't feel like Christmas at all really. Don't get me wrong - I'm in Sydney, it's great, but it's a wee bit weird. As much as I love Christmas at home (see above) I have spent a good few years wishing I was somewhere else. Wondering what it would be like. And to be honest, so far it's a bit rubbish. It doesn't feel like Christmas because it's hot and I have no-one to buy presents for. Sucks to be me.

So to try and make ourselves feel a bit more festive we took these. It didn't really work. I just felt like an idiot.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!