Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Friday, March 30, 2007

You'll find me in da club

Coral Bungalows - Koh Phangan

Some guy has left a comment on this picture on my Flickr account saying that it looks crazy beautiful. It does, doesn't it? And it would have been, had we not have been staying in Club 18-30's hell.

After Koh Samui and living la Vida loca with the lovely Lady Boys we had a horrendous journey over to the island of Koh Pahgnan. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and we nearly missed the boat. We didn't though. We managed to *just* make the rocky journey. And I managed to *just* make it to the bathroom to throw up when we got off on the island (it was projectile and through my nose too - first time ever - high five!)

So, we're here for the Full Moon party on the 2nd. Although I'm being a party pooper and don't really want to go. I'm so over going out these days. What's that all about? BUT we'd managed to book ahead and get the last 2 rooms at Coral Bungalows (apparently THE place to stay on the island, just a few minutes walk from the action) and the others are totally up for it, so I'm going along for the ride. YAY!

Koh Phangan - our hotel

Koh Phangan

Coral Bungalows. It's got a pool. It's got an amazing bar and restaurant on it's own beach. It's got clean, private rooms with hot water. It's also got about a thousand townie yobs that I spend my whole life trying to avoid.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for these people to enjoy themselves getting wasted 24 hours a day, being loud and obnoxious, having Chinese symbol tattoos etched on to their permanently semi-naked bodies and fornicating until the early hours of the morning in the pool (after the debauched pool party on Friday night - which I didn't attend - the pool was shut for 2 days as they scooped vomit and who knows what else from the water) just as long as they don't do it anywhere near me, thanks. It's one of the reasons I left Bournemouth and the soul reason I'd never go on a Club 18-30's holiday (we'll ignore the fact that after next year I won't even fit in to that age bracket.) Call me judgemental. Call me a snob. I really couldn't care less.

Koh Phangan

Anyway. Apart from the hideous people (who I'm sure are very nice people inside) and the fact that poor Duncan got tonsillitis and had to have a massive injection in his bum we're on a beautiful island for 4 days. And I got a jacket potato shaped like a silver swan. See, it's not all bad.

My potato looking like a silver duck - awesome