Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Monday, May 22, 2006

A la la la la Banos

So, when the boys got back from their hike we decided to move on straight away. 2 bus journies later and we're in Banos, the volcano town that's on amber alert due to some activity. Checked in to a great hostel where Dunc, Joub and I are in a nice dorm for about two quid a night. Lovely roof terrace, free internet access (although it would be quicker to ink a message on the back of a snail and send it packing to the UK) and I'm currently having my clothes washed, dried and pressed for about 50p. Get in.

The dorm

Our dorm

The roof

Hostel terrace

Hit a local karaoke bar last night where we hooked up with a bunch of American girls. They clearly weren't interested in me, and the boys lapped up the attention from their hareem. Whatevs. A good few mojitos and some terrible Roxette renditions later (not from me you understand, I'm amazing at karaoke, always win don't I?) and the three of us were alone in the bar at about 1am. Unfortunately, some local guy had spotted Joub's digital camera and whistled to his mates who hung around outside clearly waiting for us. I had a bit of a spaz out, but the boys stayed calm and we managed to hail a taxi and safely get ourselves back to the hostel, which was literally only about 2 blocks away. So it was all good.

Today we had an amazing breakfast and health smoothie up the road (one with ginger has TOTALLY sorted out my sore throat), wrote some postcards on the terrace with our new friend Dan from Alton and are now going to check out the hot baths and possibly treat ourselves to a hot stone massage. So, a tough few hours ahead...

Dan, from Alton

Dan, from Alton