Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Thursday, October 19, 2006

No trial, just Tribulation

Flower - Cape Trib

Daintree Rainforest

Cow Bay

The boys - Kimberley Bay

I love Australia. Did I mention that? But I'm also super paranoid about the spiders. I might have also mentioned that.

So, after a day of sight seeing in Cairns we decided to head up to Cape Tribulation. Now, as nice as it sounds (it's the most North you can go without special wheels, and as delightful as she is - Deluxe Samantha isn't special enough - ha) this is the place where EVERYONE claims to have seen one of the massive Huntsman spiders. The ones that you can hear walking up the paths. The ones that if you stare at them lunge at your face. The ones that are as big as large cats. The ones that jump off shop roofs into your hair. Those ones. So, clearly I wasn't really looking forward to it.

Didn't see one though, did I? After all that panic, all that toilet checking, all those hours lying awake in my bunk - nada. Had nothing but a great time. Checked out all the beaches on the way up. Went on loads of walks through the rainforest. Looked at bats. All without the arachnids.