Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

We're off to see the Wizard...

Deluxe Samantha's keys

I've got S.A.D. That medical condition where your mood is controlled by the weather. It *totally* makes sense. I wasn't very happy in New Zealand even though it was stunning and super special. But as soon as I get off the plane in Cairns I'm all over it. LOVING Australia. Yet it's nothing special. Dave says that Australia is like Gwyneth Paltrow - pretty but bland. It's true. But..., it's sunny. And sickly hot. And tropical. And I love it. Of course I do. I'm S.A.D Sam.

It was a tearful fairwell. Saying goodbye to Welsh Eve ("Erm..., what's for tea?!") but before we knew it our two flights were done and we were being greeted by Anthony at Cairns airport. He's flown over to see us for two weeks. Of course he has. Everyone jets to the other side of the world to see Sam and Duncs.

Anthony, being the very organised chap that he is, not only had a plastic folder full of print outs and leaflets of stuff that we're going to get up to over the next two weeks but had already hired us some wheels. A camper van! And not just any camper van. It's called Deluxe Samantha. She's pretty special, although thinking about it now I'm not sure we're going to get on. If she's Deluxe, then what am I?

Our camper van - Deluxe Samantha

The boys in the van

Deluxe Samantha and Regular Samantha

So yeah. Apart from constantly having that TERRIBLE Manics song going round in my head ("In Australia...") and having to come to terms with my new medical condition it's all good. All good.