Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodbye

The fat lady has sung on our time in Sydney. Boo to her. Who invited her anyway?

Me and Dunners - last night in Sydney

That's right, the time has come for us to pack up our stuff (how an earth did I get everything in my rucksack in the first place?) and move on to Melbourne. If I'm honest, Duncan and I are both dragging our heels a bit - and if we weren't so excited about meeting Ady, Bonnie and Cat in Vietnam, we'd stay longer. Who'd have thunk it?

My Swedish boys - Jacob, Dave and Andreas

Me, Ben, Andrew and Carmen

Had a bit of a get together down at Side Bar to say goodbye to all the amazing people we've met. And they all came. It was quite something. Duncan honey, we *are* popular. Plus, get a load of this, I was stone cold (Steve Austin) sober. That's right kids, my feet are still firmly on that wagon (even though it was my leaving party and hours before Daniel and the flatlettes had given Duncan and I a huge bottle of vodka and a bottle of Baileys.) What was more sobering though was the state of Eve. She was enjoying herself to the max (nothing wrong with that, lovely girl) but I'm glad I stayed on the pints of water and can remember saying goodbye to all the incredible people I've spent the last couple of months with.

I heart Daniel

I spent the end of the evening sobbing uncontrollably as the time came to say goodbye to the kids from Harbour Street flat. Especially Dan who I am so fond of. Oh yeah, and that Rachael girl that Fran introduced us to. She triggered the tears (you witch, making me cry at my own party.)

Dan, me and Rachael

So yeah. That's that. Haven't worked or partied or done half as much as I'd wanted to, but it was great.