Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Food Fight!

Mark, Melbourne

So after our sad Sydney farewell, we got on a 17 hour bus and headed down the coast for Melbourne. That's right. We could have spent about a fiver more and got a 2 hour flight, but these days it's all about saving money.

Anyway. Who was waiting for us in Melbourne? Mark was! Mark, for those of you not in the know, is our dear friend from Brighton. I think the last time I saw him was at my pink birthday party/gathering in London a few years back. The year that Duncan surprised me in front of our guests with a dead fox. I get the feeling Mark - who is a massive animal loving, vegan, environmental warrior - didn't really approve. But he smiled anyway, because he's like that.

So yeah. We spent three amazing days with Mark and his sweet housemates Jill and Shelley. We soaked up beautiful, colourful Melbourne, checked out some art galleries, read comics, ate loads of organic stuff, wandered around eco sites, dipped in the sea and watched Labyrinth ("and should you ever need us...")

Melbourne

Organic breakfast

Jack Black

It was the best three days I've had since being away... I promised Mark I'd say that, and I'm a lady of my word.