Madalinemmmbop's whirlwind in Disneyland

Friday, January 05, 2007

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours

Me, Ramsay Street

There was a time when I, like everyone else, was obsessed with Neighbours. I come from one of those families who (quite rightly) sit down and eat their evening meal around the table in the evening, so they can discuss what happened during the day with their family members. That was until I hit 15 or something and obviously threw my youngest-child-only-daughter power around and persuaded mum and dad to watch Neighbours over dinner. The chat stopped and we all became more interested with who Mrs. Mangle was annoying than whether or not I was going to pass my G.C.S.E's.

Anyway, during our three days of Melbourne fun with Mark, he'd scheduled in a surprise trip to RAMSAY STREET! That's right. It's filmed just 30 or so minutes away from his house. I nearly wet myself with excitement.

Neighbours tour

So the trip kicks off with a bus journey to Ramsay Street (an actual cul-de-sac where normal people live) and on the way you get to choose an episode of Neighbours to watch. I *really* wanted to see Bouncer's Dream (the one where Bouncer the dog eats some magic mushrooms and has a dream about Mrs. Mangle) but they didn't have this one. So we lumped for Scott and Charlene's wedding ("Suddenly..") Then we went to Erinsborough High School. This is me there. I'm practically Ann. Although I'd prefer to be Flick.

Erinsbrough High

Then it's a wander around the street for the neccessary photos, before hopping back on the bus and watching another episode (this time - Helen Daniel's death. Hannah martin, aka Button, claims she'd noticed her grandmother was dead but didn't want to say anything. Well done then.) But perhaps the most exciting part of the whole thing was that we got to meet Libby Kennedy. That's right. Libby Kennedy. She's not in it anymore, which I thought was a bit of a gip, but seeing as I stopped watching it years ago and wouldn't know any of the current cast members this suited me just fine. Don't even pretend you're not jealous.

Libby Kennedy